1. OLHI’s recommendations on complaints are based on what is fair to both the consumer and the insurance company.
2. OLHI uses complaint handling practices and processes that are fair to both the consumer and the insurance company.
3. OLHI approaches complaint handling with a focus on fair business dealings and reasonable consumer expectations.
4. OLHI’s impartial complaint handling practices require us to review all available information from both the consumer and the insurance company.
5. OLHI aims to treat similar complaints in a similar way. However, as every complaint is unique, OLHI is not bound by any previous recommendations.
6. OLHI’s complaint handling process ensures that neither the consumer nor the insurance company has special access to OLHI staff during a review.